- What is China? https://t.co/mikp0zCbsL, 2 hours ago
- Why else would it even exist as a thing https://t.co/LzDbxjASrB, 2 hours ago
- I love this. But the average low info voter cares not about these vita.....oooh! kardashian! https://t.co/uUjT3zbYiP, 2 hours ago
- RT @hitRECordJoe: NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had our long-awaited @hitRECord soup cook-off. Winner & champion: @Jen_Gerdano (no… https://t.co/EU1jIPIbYd, 2 hours ago
- But it won't. It never will. Like AI will never eliminate human piloted cars. And white truffle oil will never be a… https://t.co/QOKii6p2es, 2 hours ago
- How about cancer violence? Where's the worst place for that? Or car violence? Or treatable disease? https://t.co/PIAxahIAWA, 2 hours ago
- What does it say? https://t.co/gwz4wfU3GU, 2 hours ago
- TLDR. Did he grab her...um... vitals? https://t.co/vtF2xTsGLM, 2 hours ago
- Not, you know, reduce the tax burden or rationalize immigration or tackle trade imbalance. No. Stroke leftist consp… https://t.co/miV5z1vBBf, 2 hours ago
- You guys know I love you. But dude. https://t.co/537NNowPnh, 2 hours ago
- There's no Russian named Ken. So. #fakedressing https://t.co/tvQv4R8cwl, 2 hours ago
- Soooooooooooo brave! One more 'o' just for emphasis on your bravery. Do they still award the iron cross? https://t.co/gKMrwbNdM6, 2 hours ago
- Hibernating animals. Unborn children. Who cares https://t.co/xYNsjmTqrX, 2 hours ago
Posted on March 3, 2011 | No CommentsHow does one sell something that doesn't really exist in the physical world? Well you attach some sort of value to the thing. You establish a scenario under which, when used properly, the IT service will produce a cost savings or avoidance, or open a new line of revenue for your business. The IT service has to have dollars associated with it in order for the sell to even be possible. Hopefully they're not red numbers. That makes it even harder.
Posted on February 28, 2011 | 4 CommentsA comprehensive architecture that is made up of things like mission, vision, goals, objectives, requirements, roles, activities, capabilities, services, technical components and yes, physical components is a holistic thing. It is something we bake, not something served up in piecemeal ingredients. We don't eat flour and call it bread just because everyone around us happens to be an expert in flour.
Posted on November 2, 2010 | 1 CommentOn the back of my comments regarding metrics, a natural question arises. Namely, provided you are able to identify the correct measurements to take in the course of assessing the success or failure of any particular program, what is there to be said about interpretation of those measurements?
Posted on September 21, 2010 | 2 CommentsThe people who like to create solutions are typically not the best equipped to fully understand the context of the problem. They are structured by nature to take action, to find a way around the obstacle. Their gaze is fixed on the end result, the grand design of what will be in the future state. With this horizon-centric, forward looking perspective, the original purpose for the effort is usually sidelined.
Posted on September 1, 2010 | 1 CommentLogic and the ability to think analytically are central to work in technology. That is the minimum requirement, the common denominator. But there are aspects of technology that require right brain thinking in order to be performed well. Intuition, free association, expression and risk taking are traits that are required for doing IT architecture well.