- What is China? https://t.co/mikp0zCbsL, 2 hours ago
- Why else would it even exist as a thing https://t.co/LzDbxjASrB, 2 hours ago
- I love this. But the average low info voter cares not about these vita.....oooh! kardashian! https://t.co/uUjT3zbYiP, 2 hours ago
- RT @hitRECordJoe: NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had our long-awaited @hitRECord soup cook-off. Winner & champion: @Jen_Gerdano (no… https://t.co/EU1jIPIbYd, 2 hours ago
- But it won't. It never will. Like AI will never eliminate human piloted cars. And white truffle oil will never be a… https://t.co/QOKii6p2es, 2 hours ago
- How about cancer violence? Where's the worst place for that? Or car violence? Or treatable disease? https://t.co/PIAxahIAWA, 2 hours ago
- What does it say? https://t.co/gwz4wfU3GU, 2 hours ago
- TLDR. Did he grab her...um... vitals? https://t.co/vtF2xTsGLM, 2 hours ago
- Not, you know, reduce the tax burden or rationalize immigration or tackle trade imbalance. No. Stroke leftist consp… https://t.co/miV5z1vBBf, 2 hours ago
- You guys know I love you. But dude. https://t.co/537NNowPnh, 2 hours ago
- There's no Russian named Ken. So. #fakedressing https://t.co/tvQv4R8cwl, 2 hours ago
- Soooooooooooo brave! One more 'o' just for emphasis on your bravery. Do they still award the iron cross? https://t.co/gKMrwbNdM6, 2 hours ago
- Hibernating animals. Unborn children. Who cares https://t.co/xYNsjmTqrX, 2 hours ago
Posted on November 1, 2010 | No CommentsDespite the fact that the things we measure are often not related to the impact of our efforts on the business, this hasn't stopped the relentless quest for metrics to feed legions of ravenous dashboard apps and Excel spreadsheets. In fact, they seem to have slowly become an end unto themselves.
Posted on October 5, 2010 | No CommentsSuggesting architecture in general, or enterprise architecture in particular, doesn't add value or is otherwise a fiscal black hole is akin to declaring that badly executed means discredits the ends. The objective of enhancing Business-IT alignment is a worthy one. Just because a bunch of charlatans over time have discredited one method of achieving that alignment doesn't mean we shouldn't bother.
Posted on September 21, 2010 | 2 CommentsThe people who like to create solutions are typically not the best equipped to fully understand the context of the problem. They are structured by nature to take action, to find a way around the obstacle. Their gaze is fixed on the end result, the grand design of what will be in the future state. With this horizon-centric, forward looking perspective, the original purpose for the effort is usually sidelined.
Posted on August 24, 2010 | No CommentsThe vision is important. The purpose of the organization and its mission are critical to get right. Without it, how do you know what your objectives are? How do you know what you're doing? How do you measure your activities? How do you know you're being successful? How do you know you won't be reorg'd into the unemployment line?
Posted on July 7, 2010 | 1 CommentIf our enterprises operated like The Wiggles, we would all know the what's, the when's, the who's and the why's. If our systems and processes were as predictable as a children's television program, we would know the how's. How smoothly things would run if we all understood how to get predictable results from repeatable actions we all knew in advance?