- What's a fax. You mean facts? https://t.co/aXLKWSHNy2, Mar 25
- RT @PixieChaser: Anyone who believes that men are the equal of women has never seen a man trying to wrap a Christmas present., Mar 25
- RT @stephenkruiser: They're celebrating the fact that millions of hard working self employed ppl still can't afford insurance but subsi… https://t.co/kkKBicEju0, Mar 24
- Dude. @united. 4764. WTH. 3 HR delay? Cmon. Let's find another ERJ, Mar 24
- I love this place (at @TortasFrontera by Rick Bayless in Chicago, IL) https://t.co/S3M4Wgrtvl, Mar 24
- I just earned the 'Heavy Weight (Level 2)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/IHLcqDcQ51, Mar 22
- Quit with the dumbass movie reboot. You want to reboot? Reboot the Trans Am. #gm #transam #generalmotors #MAGA, Mar 20
- I just earned the 'Happy St. Patrick’s Day from Guinness (2017)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/cesZWEDdM2 #Guinness, Mar 20
- I just earned the 'Fields of Gold' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/yKlSYtOzPD, Mar 20
- I just earned the 'St. Patrick's Day (2017)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/G3a0GwAuKu #stpaddy, Mar 19
- https://t.co/nBKF6RKNCx, Mar 16
- Pi. Pie. Laser cut digits. #pieapalooza6 @ Acadia https://t.co/v8ozJYCsuv, Mar 14
- I just earned the 'Land of the Free (Level 35)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/Ia6WDPDnkr, Mar 11
Posted on October 5, 2010 | No CommentsSuggesting architecture in general, or enterprise architecture in particular, doesn't add value or is otherwise a fiscal black hole is akin to declaring that badly executed means discredits the ends. The objective of enhancing Business-IT alignment is a worthy one. Just because a bunch of charlatans over time have discredited one method of achieving that alignment doesn't mean we shouldn't bother.
Posted on October 1, 2010 | 2 CommentsCompanies like innovation. But they won't be early adopters of an ill-defined and constantly changing mindset. They'll wait for it to calm down a bit, solidify and congeal. Then they'll slowly roll it out and gradually update it over time. Suggesting they take an ADHD approach of constant churn and ongoing rip and replace of the latest EA theories doesn't help them or us as practitioners.
Posted on September 30, 2010 | No CommentsEA, like the business and IT philosophies that underpin it, is constantly changing. If enterprise architecture is an architecture in which the system in question is the whole enterprise (including business processes, technologies, and information systems), then there will always be dynamism to it. These elements and components are under constant change.
Posted on September 28, 2010 | No CommentsThere's been quite a lot of recent discussion around the rise and fall and rise again of SOA as a means for constructing a services-based view of an enterprise or a solution. I totally support that idea. But to take it one step beyond mere technical views and introduce the common lexicon bridge, we need to be having discussion centered around the capabilities associated with those services.
Posted on September 1, 2010 | 1 CommentLogic and the ability to think analytically are central to work in technology. That is the minimum requirement, the common denominator. But there are aspects of technology that require right brain thinking in order to be performed well. Intuition, free association, expression and risk taking are traits that are required for doing IT architecture well.