- What's a fax. You mean facts? https://t.co/aXLKWSHNy2, Mar 25
- RT @PixieChaser: Anyone who believes that men are the equal of women has never seen a man trying to wrap a Christmas present., Mar 25
- RT @stephenkruiser: They're celebrating the fact that millions of hard working self employed ppl still can't afford insurance but subsi… https://t.co/kkKBicEju0, Mar 24
- Dude. @united. 4764. WTH. 3 HR delay? Cmon. Let's find another ERJ, Mar 24
- I love this place (at @TortasFrontera by Rick Bayless in Chicago, IL) https://t.co/S3M4Wgrtvl, Mar 24
- I just earned the 'Heavy Weight (Level 2)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/IHLcqDcQ51, Mar 22
- Quit with the dumbass movie reboot. You want to reboot? Reboot the Trans Am. #gm #transam #generalmotors #MAGA, Mar 20
- I just earned the 'Happy St. Patrick’s Day from Guinness (2017)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/cesZWEDdM2 #Guinness, Mar 20
- I just earned the 'Fields of Gold' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/yKlSYtOzPD, Mar 20
- I just earned the 'St. Patrick's Day (2017)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/G3a0GwAuKu #stpaddy, Mar 19
- https://t.co/nBKF6RKNCx, Mar 16
- Pi. Pie. Laser cut digits. #pieapalooza6 @ Acadia https://t.co/v8ozJYCsuv, Mar 14
- I just earned the 'Land of the Free (Level 35)' badge on @untappd! https://t.co/Ia6WDPDnkr, Mar 11
Business vs IT Archive
Posted on October 8, 2010 | No CommentsHow can a business be effective and compete in the market if the leaders don't have a clue what they're spending? Is it because they don't want to know, can't know or just haven't taken the time to know? I'm not sure which option is worse, to be honest.
Posted on October 7, 2010 | 1 CommentA model is useful if it describes something in a context that renders a complex topic easier to digest for specific audience. Its purpose is to describe, to communicate. It is an expression of a viewpoint. It isn't a detailed map or a blueprint. It is representative of a system, it doesn't depict the system. It is an abstraction. I'm afraid we model too frequently as a cover for not actually producing things of value.
Posted on October 5, 2010 | No CommentsSuggesting architecture in general, or enterprise architecture in particular, doesn't add value or is otherwise a fiscal black hole is akin to declaring that badly executed means discredits the ends. The objective of enhancing Business-IT alignment is a worthy one. Just because a bunch of charlatans over time have discredited one method of achieving that alignment doesn't mean we shouldn't bother.
Posted on September 29, 2010 | No CommentsWe seem to measuring a lot of things lately. The sheer volume of status reports and dashboards and timelines and updates would seem to indicate we have lots of metrics being captured and reported. But I've seen firsthand how numbers are shoddily derived, over reported, incorrectly reused and re-reported and it doesn't inspire confidence. What does it mean that leadership is basing decisions on these values?
Posted on September 28, 2010 | No CommentsThere's been quite a lot of recent discussion around the rise and fall and rise again of SOA as a means for constructing a services-based view of an enterprise or a solution. I totally support that idea. But to take it one step beyond mere technical views and introduce the common lexicon bridge, we need to be having discussion centered around the capabilities associated with those services.